Clayart Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Clayart Forum - Just Launched!  June 2015

Author Topic: Work Samples - Ray Bogle  (Read 2889 times)

Cyndy

• View Profile
Re: Work Samples - Ray Bogle
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 12:17:12 PM »

Thank you Ray!  I can't wait to look at it

rbogle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MadeWithClay
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 12:11:34 PM »

Hey Cyndy....I posted the pit fire guide to the education and training section in the forum.  It covers everything you will need to know to get started with pit/barrel firing.

Ray

Cyndy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 07:18:32 AM »

Ray that would be awesome! And in your "free time", how about something on saggar? I have never done either pit firings or saggar even though I love the pots that I have seen.

rbogle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MadeWithClay
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 10:36:44 PM »

Thanks Cyndy......I've enjoyed the uncertainty and the organicness of pit fire and saggar. Both techniques are fairly simple to accomplish.  I'm almost done with a little intro guide for pit firing that I'm going to up load here.

Based upon your pitcher and platter I'd say you're doing well for 3 years of potting :)

would be great to see some more of your work

Ray

Cyndy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 09:43:14 PM »

Great pieces Ray! I am pretty new to pottery having been at it for 3 years now. Sagger pots absolutely intrigue me.

rbogle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MadeWithClay
Work Samples - Ray Bogle
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 09:38:40 AM »

Folks...one of the nice things about the forum is the ability to add pics.  I thought I'd post a few pics of some of my work so you could see the types of things I do.  Would be great to see a few pics of everyone's work!

For many years I've worked with various "Alternative Firing Techniques" such as raku, pit fire, and saggar.  About 1yr ago I built a gas kiln and now enjoy making stoneware cups/bowls.

Also included a short video showing the final step of Naked Raku firing where all the glaze jumps off the pot :) 
Note: To view the video click on the "IMG_1533-Medium.mp4" link below the last thumbnail
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 09:41:44 AM by rbogle »